The CertTESOL or (to give it its full name) the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is a TEFL certificate.
It is roughly equivalent to the CELTA and is probably best suited for teachers with a couple of years experience under their belt.
The course was designed by Trinity College London and is offered by a number of schools around the world which offer the course after Trinity accreditation.
Content and Structure
The course content includes:
- Understanding the main phonological, lexical and syntactical features of modern English
- Appreciating the needs and motivations of individuals and groups of learners
- Designing and delivering lesson plans
- Evaluating, using and adapting published teaching materials
- Creating your own teaching materials and classroom aids
The course includes 6 hours of teaching practice and you must have a degree to take it. It is a very intensive 4 weeks and thus not suitable for those already working. The cost varies according to where you take it but fees begin at around £900 ($1414 USD, €1119).
Essential Qualifications to Teach English – an overview of what you need to teach English
How to Choose a Good TEFL Course – what to look for when you choose a TEFL course
TEFL Certificates to Teach English – all about TEFL courses available
Did you know that if you subscribe to our website, you will receive email notifications whenever content changes or new content is added.
1. Enter your e-mail address below and click the Sign Me Up button.
2. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your intention of subscribing to our site.
3. Click the link in the email to confirm. That’s all there is to it!
Then indicate you no longer wish to receive our emails.
IWeb TEFL Team