IWeb TEFLS’s Terms & Conditions:
The following are the full terms and conditions for taking an IWeb TEFL course. If you have any questions about these then do please feel free to contact us for clarification.
(General Membership Agreement or Membership Agreement) between you (“You”, “Member”, “User or “Advertiser”) and IWebTefl.com (“us”). IWebTefl.com is a division of Khan Enterprises. We set out the terms of your membership. You must read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement by marking “I Accept.” If you DO NOT agree to all the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement is unwilling to allow You to become a Member and requires you not to register for a Member Account.
To register for an IWeb TEFL course you must:
- have a good standard of English; this means that you must be able to read and write English at a high level
Aside from this one factor we do not discriminate against any student for reasons of gender, sexual preference, age, nationality, political, religious or moral beliefs, and so on.
The following terms and conditions detail IWeb TEFL policy regarding use, registration, refunds, complaints, plagiarism and suchlike. Students taking any IWeb TEFL course agree to be bound by these conditions.
The full terms and conditions are printed below, however the main points are:
- There is a 100% refund for any course canceled within 15 days of registration.
- IWeb TEFL does not tolerate plagiarism in any way. Any student found copying will be warned once then dismissed from the course if caught copying again.
- There is no time limit on the course. We must, however, receive at least one assignment every 12 months.
Complete Terms & Conditions:
2. Refund Policy & Course Transfer
IWeb TEFL is committed to providing our students with the best possible service and this is guaranteed with our refund policy which covers you from the day you register to the day you graduate.
We offer a 100% refund of fees to any student if:
- You resign from the course, for whatever reason, within 15 days of registration. If you have submitted your first assignment for grading within the 15 days period, the refund will be 75%.
- IWeb TEFL withdraws or otherwise no longer runs the course in which you have registered.
- IWeb TEFL fails to contact you after your registration; this is provided that the email account supplied on your registration form is valid and in working order – no responsibility can be taken by IWeb TEFL for failure to contact a student through a given email account which is supplied incorrectly, does not support attachments or is otherwise invalid (e.g. the account was supplied incorrectly or belongs to a third party).
- IWeb TEFL fails to supply the course material according to the procedure detailed in the IWeb TEFL Student Center. Although we will help as we can, responsibility for the technical ability to download material and access rests with the student.
- IWeb TEFL does not return correspondence in a timely manner and continually shows negligence in returning said correspondence.
Note: Plagiarism. No refunds will be given in the case of a student dismissed from IWeb TEFL for plagiarism. See the Plagiarism Policy below (item 4) for more on this subject. Likewise no refunds will be given in the case of abusive behavior (see the Respect details below, item 7).
Applying for a Refund
If you meet the conditions specified above, and wish to apply for a refund, the following procedure applies.
- Contact IWeb TEFL Admin explaining that you wish to apply for a refund. You must keep the original payment receipt in case we require this to process the refund and as proof of date. We will usually acknowledge receipt of your request for a refund within two working days.
- We will then ask you to complete a short online form to confirm your registration details and explain the reason for your refund.
- If you meet the conditions specified above, a refund will be issued.
Note: This process takes about 2-3 weeks to complete.
Transferring an IWeb TEFL Course to Another Person
If a student drops out after 15 days from registration, IWeb TEFL is not able to make any refund of fees. However, it should be noted that there is no time limit on any of our courses (as long as we receive at least one assignment each 12 months – see below for more on this) and a student can take as long as they require in taking the course; they are perfectly free to put the course on hold for as long as they require (as per the 12 month clause) and take up tuition when they feel more ready to do the course. In cases where there is a significant time period between the student submitting work, we may, at the discretion of the Tutor Supervisor, ask the student to submit earlier work for reappraisal.
IWeb TEFL courses are transferable at no extra cost providing the transfer is requested within a year from the registration date*. This means that if a student finds they are no longer able to work on a course, they may pass the course on to a friend or colleague who will take the course and receive certification instead. This can happen subject to the following conditions:
- The first student informs IWeb TEFL of the transfer with all appropriate details.
- The first student has not submitted any assignment.
- The second student meets all the criteria for registration
- The second student starts the course from the beginning as if they had registered independently.
*If the transfer is requested after one year from the registration date, a reactivation fee will apply.
Transferring from one IWeb TEFL Course to a different IWeb TEFL Course
If no course work has been submitted then a student may transfer between IWeb TEFL courses. The difference in costs between the courses will either be charged or refunded as appropriate. There will also be a $25 administrative fee to make the transfer.
Note: Requests for course transfers when part of the course work has already been submitted for grading will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
3. Complaints Procedure
If for any reason you are not totally satisfied with our service please e-mail us explaining what the problem is. We will reply to your e-mail within two working days. In the reply it will be specified what action is being taken, if appropriate, to rectify the problem and how long this will take. You will be kept fully informed throughout the process.
4. Plagiarism Policy
IWeb TEFL is committed to maintaining the high standards of online education we are known for. To this end we have a strict policy on plagiarism. We define plagiarism as “copying work from another source and presenting it as original”.
If we find that a student has presented work which is not their own or disguised as their own, they are issued an email warning explaining what they have done and what the consequences will be if they send in other work which is not their own.
If a student has copied all or part of an assignment we will ask for it to be rewritten and submitted anew. For each assignment we will charge $40 USD to help cover the costs of analysis and remarking.
If this first warning is ignored and the student presents other work which is not their own, they are dismissed from the course and IWeb TEFL . In such cases, no refunds will apply.
5. Time Limits & Reactivation Fee
There is no time limit on the course; students can take as long or as little time as they like to complete each module, and the course overall.
However, if there is a gap of more than 12 months between signing up and submitting the first assignment or between submitting subsequent assignments, the following reactivation charges will apply to help cover administrative and tutor costs in reactivating the course.
- $25 USD flat fee for first year of inactivity with no assignment submitted
- additional $10 USD per each assignment submitted (version 1 only)
- additional $5 USD per each inactive year after first year
6. Standard of English
Any work submitted must be of a sufficiently high standard of English. Any work containing more than a minimal amount of errors will be returned for reworking before it will be graded by a personal tutor.
A level of respect between students and IWeb TEFL staff must be shown at all times. If correspondence towards IWeb TEFL staff becomes threatening, abusive or inappropriate we will issue a single warning to the student. Following this if the threatening, abusive or inappropriate behavior continues we reserve the right to dismiss the student from the course without refund.
These terms and conditions apply to all IWeb TEFL students. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time in which case they become binding and retroactive.
Information posted here does not affect your statutory rights.