BULATS stands for Business Language Testing Service which is a commercial service run by Cambridge Assessment.
It is essential a method of testing the English ability (as well as French, German & Spanish) of business people. After the test users are given a score which relates to the CEF. The tests are held at a number of locations around the world.
CEF – BULATS
C2 – 90-100
C1 – 75-89
B2 – 60-74
B1 – 40-59
A2 – 20-39
A1 – 0-19
Taking a BULATS test is supposed to provide the learner with an assessment of their language which can be used in job applications and suchlike. Business organizations also use BULATS to test employees (and potential employees) to get a snapshot of their language abilities. Normally results are posted 7 days after the exam which can be taken at any time throughout the year.
Note that although in the past the BULATS test was sufficient for application for a UK visa, it is no longer acceptable for visa application.
The test has 4 components:
- computer test (about 60 minutes)
- standard test (on paper, about 110 minutes)
- listening test
- reading and language knowledge
- speaking (interview & presentation)
- writing (about 45 minutes; a business related writing task)
Did you know that if you subscribe to our website, you will receive email notifications whenever content changes or new content is added.
1. Enter your e-mail address below and click the Sign Me Up button.
2. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your intention of subscribing to our site.
3. Click the link in the email to confirm. That’s all there is to it!
Then indicate you no longer wish to receive our emails.
IWeb TEFL Team